Exciting things planned for Maleny Credit Union
By now, most members will have received a letter from the Board outlining some changes taking place at the Maleny Credit Union.
Members will see a number of new initiatives being undertaken over the next few months, which are all part of our vision for the Maleny Credit Union to become a community finance hub, providing a wider range of services and benefits to its members.
If you have not had a chance to read the letter, then it is available here: https://www.mcu.com.au/2013-big-year-triple-bottom-line-accounting/
Some of the things we have planned are as follows:
- A new ATM to be installed at the front of Bunya House in the next few months.
- Adopting a declaration of values shared by its members, based on its 2012 member survey. The staff, management and directors will shortly sign the declaration and will then invite our members to consider doing the same. In this way, we hope to reinforce the ethical andsustainable difference of the Maleny Credit Union so that those thinking of joining us have a clear idea of what we stand for.
- Reintroducing a form of social reporting. The Maleny Credit Union was one of the first bankinginstitutions in Australia to do so, but let the practice drop a few years back. We strongly believe that an institution which claims to have a social purpose must monitor how effectively it achieves that purpose.
- We will also be asking members to contribute to the community through our Spare Change program and a Monthly Giving program. Contributions will be donated to organizations that share our passion for social justice, environmental responsibility and supporting local communities. If you haven’t completed the online survey about which charities should be the recipients of donations from Maleny Credit Union, then please do so as we are keen to hear your views.
Maleny Credit Union will continue to provide the core banking services to which you are accustomed and with our expanded capacity to provide a full range of loans either through the credit union or via itsbrokerage arm, we are certain we can help you with any financial transactions you have in mind.
– See more at: https://www.mcu.com.au/blog/exciting-things-planned-for-maleny-credit-union/#sthash.L7ien0CS.dpuf