General Meeting Notices
Maleny Credit Union
NOTICE OF 29th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM)
This is the notice for the 2013 AGM of MCU Ltd to be held on
Saturday 9th NOVEMBER 2013, at 10.30 a.m.
at the Maleny Community Centre, Maleny QLD 4552.
1. Chairman’s Welcome
2. The minutes of the 2012 Annual General Meeting held on 10th November 2012 were adopted by the Board of Directors at their meeting held in December 2012.
3. Receive the 2013 Annual Report including:
- Chairman’s Report on behalf of the Directors
- Chief Executive Officer’s Report
- Auditor’s Report of Financial Statements
4. Election of Directors
2 Directors will be standing down:
- CL Claridge
- John Duthie
With no other nominations received the following is up for election.
- John Duthie is standing for re-election
Motion to be considered:
MOTION: That John Duthie be appointed as a Director of MCU Ltd.
Note: The term of office will be determined in accordance with the constitution.
A profile of the candidates can be found at www.mcu.com.au/about-us/team
5. Election of the Management Committee for the Charitable Trust:
In March 2013, an interim Management Committee was formed in order to re-establish the Charitable Trust. According to the constitution of the Charitable Trust, its Management Committee must be elected each year at the MCU’s AGM.
It is proposed that the following candidates be elected to the Management Committee until the 2014 AGM:
- Angela Griffin (Member of MCU Ltd)
- Darryl Ebenezer (Member of MCU Ltd)
- Rebecca Jones (Finance and Compliance Manager of MCU Ltd)
- Sarah Davies (Chair of MCU Ltd)
6. Cost of Governance
The cost of Governance is to be discussed for the oncoming year.
By Order of the Board
- MCU advise that the Annual Report is available online at www.mcu.com.au
- Members have the right to appoint a proxy. That proxy does not need to be a member of the Maleny Credit Union. A copy of the proxy form is available at the Maleny Credit Union and is posted on the website www.mcu.com.au
- Tea, coffee and a light lunch will be served at the end of the Meeting.
- For catering purposes could members please RSVP by the 7th November 2013